Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Winding down...

The boys and I always countdown to the end of school.. First we guage it by how many Monday's we have left. Usually we start when there are about 6 to go. Then as the time draws closer, we count the days. We started this week with one more Monday and 9 more days! Wow! This year has been a blur.

I love the last day of school. I know a lot of parents dread it. Even though my work load will most definatley increase, as will the noise level, and the food bill, etc... I love summer vacation.

This summer, my goal is to spend more time with the kids doing fun things. Last year we were so busy with the business the summer went by before we even realized it was gone. We are actually twice as busy with the business this year than last, but are much more organized and time efficient. We have our family vacation to Florida coming up in 3 1/2 weeks, but I also want to make a trip to the Louisville Zoo and Holiday World, and a couple of trips to Indy to spend time with mom (aka Mamaw Gregory).

So here we are in the wind down phase of the school year... music programs, honors programs, awards night and such. It is an exciting time. Think back to your own school years and channel that excitement and share it with your kids!

No comments: