Wednesday, May 14, 2008

20 years and 4 kids later...

For those of you who don't know the story...When I was a senior in high school, Aaron was in the eighth grade. I used to make fun of him practically on a daily basis, usually in the cafeteria or as I passed through the band room 7th period. Funny... even though I know he wasn't the only little geek I made fun of, I remember him vividly.

Fast forward three years.. I had graduated from college and was back home. I had been riding around town most of the evening on a Saturday night. Just as I was about to head home... a brown cutlass pulled up beside me and rolled down the window. I could not believe it was Aaron. He and the guy with him asked if I wanted to take a few laps. I said sure and squeezed in between them in the front seat. By the time the night was over... I had decided that maybe Aaron wasn't such a little geek anymore.

Now... 20 years and 4 kids later, here we are today... on the 20th anniversary of our first date. TWENTY YEARS! I can hardly get my mind around that. I have now spent literally half of my life with this man. God brought us together... of that I have no doubt.

We have had way more than our share of ups and downs. There have been times when either one or both of us have wanted to throw in the towel. But, prayer is a very powerful thing, and thankfully, we worked very hard to get past the dark years to get where we are today. And where we are today is better and stonger than ever.

So Aaron, I know you are reading this, I love the life we have together. I would never have believed twenty years ago that we would end up here. Blessed beyond belief... watching our FOUR gorgeous children grow. I am so excited to see what the next 20 years will bring and am so incredibly thankful I get to spend the rest of my life with you!...... I love you this much <> on a backwards scale :)

4 comments:

Christy said...

Nice mullett Aaron!! He looks SO much like Ethan in that picture!! (minus the mullett) lol

Anonymous said...

OMG!! It IS Ethan!
I love him too, honey, he is definitely a keeper.

Christy said...

See Andrea! Your mama is a smart one, she sees Ethan in Aaron as well!! =)

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem like 20 years ago!! Has it really been 20.:)