Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I spent the better part of my Mother's Day without power. Went off about 4 or 5 in the morning, came back on around 10:30, went off again around 1 and came on again about 6:15. My family and I had a lot of quiet time today. And it turned out to be kind of nice.

Without the usual distractions, we all worked together to clean the house. No complaining to speak of from the boys, cause they had nothing better to do. We talked a lot. Laughed a lot. And except for the sudden panic by my two oldest at their realization that we couldn't use the stove and or microwave to fix any food, it was a great day.

I talked to my mom on the phone. Wish I could have seen her, but she will probably make the trip down from Indy next week.. I was glad to hear that she got to go out to eat with Kent and his family and that she had a good day also. I know she is reading this... I love you mom! And when you tell me what a great mom you think I am... it's only because I have a great example.

Tonight I will give my step mom a call. I am sure she is having a good day because my little brother is home for the weekend. She will most likely be reading this also....I love you Jules, you are the best!

Mother's Day is pretty cool.... the parade of cards, the extra attention, the extra effort to make mom happy, the extra hugs and kisses and I love you moms.... All in all, even though the weather was yucky and the power was out... It was a lovely day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful;
Precious, precious, precious;
Love, love, love
Blessings, blessings, blessings!!!!