Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Perfect Profile...


This morning as I sat at the computer having my morning coffee, my little Jaden came tip-toeing into the room. Hair a mess, blankey in hand, eyes barely open he says, "mommy would you lay with me."


I carried him to the bedroom, lifted him up into my bed, covered him up to his neck, and snuggled in beside him. He smiled and closed his eyes, and was soon back to sleep, safe in mommy's arms. As I lay there looking at his precious face, I thought about the first time I saw it.


Ultrasounds are very exciting. I should know... I have had about 50 of them. Out of those 50 or so I had four favorites. Not what you would expect though. It wasn't the moment the tech said "It's a boy!" "It's a boy! "It's another boy!" "No wait... this one is a GIRL!" With each of my kids, my absolute favorite moment was at about 16-20 weeks when they find that perfect little profile shot. The one where you say to yourself... "oh my gosh... that's my baby in there" The one that makes you realize how miraculous what is going on inside you really is. The one where you fight back tears and are in awe of the power and majesty of God.


This morning as I watched my baby Jaden sleeping, I fought back those tears once again. Such a beautiful creation he is. What an awesome gift he is. What an unbelieveable responsibility God entrusts us with. No matter what I have going on in my life or how busy I am, my most important job is raising this tiny boy the way God intended when he gave him to me. I believe I had this quiet moment this morning so God could tell me just that.


And no matter how big or how old my baby Jaden gets...whenever I look at him, I am sure I will always be able to see... that perfect little profile. And I am thankful...

2 comments:

Christy said...

What a God moment!

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, what a blessing for your mommy to read what a blessing your children are to you. What a gift and a joy baby Jaden is, and we can never out give God.