Monday, May 5, 2008

Slim in 6

Pressures on.... Weather is getting warmer..... Summer clothes not fitting...... Looking pretty flabby...

If you are anything like me, getting out the tote full of summer clothes is a bittersweet moment. The prospect of warm days, cool summer outfits, and lounging by the pool brings with it a harsh reality. The moment I slip one leg into my favorite shorts I realize "Man, I really over did it this winter." Happens every stinkin' year.

I love to eat when I want and whatever I want. In the winter it's easy. Throw on a big sweatshirt and you are good to go. Who wants to think about consequences when all that holiday food is in your face. Unfortunately, when you are hidden by all those layers of clothes all winter you tend to not realize what is happening underneath till its a little to late.

I am under the gun now. Thirteen of my family members and myself are hoping a plane to Florida five weeks from this past Saturday. I refuse to buy a new wardrobe and I really don't want to feel self conscious the whole vacation. So.... I have started a new program called Slim in 6 (six weeks that is)

I rarely let myself watch infomercials, but this one sucked me right in. Told me exactly what I needed to hear and promised exactly what I needed to happen. It is a huge commitment though, not a take a pill and lose weight kind of thing. In this program you have to EXERCISE... for up to an HOUR a day....SIX DAYS A WEEK! PLUS follow a diet.... Oh my gosh.

I am desperate, so I started it last Wednesday. Which gave me less than the full six weeks. So far I have not missed a day. Tomorrow is my day off and I kind of wish it wasn't. Turns out it is really working. I can see a difference already. I have more energy, I am sleeping better, the routines that were almost impossible for me last week are a breeze now. Goes to show if you commit to something and work at it, you can achieve just about anything.

So... four weeks and five days to go. Is it really possible to be Slim in 6? I will keep you posted.

No comments: