Saturday, May 31, 2008

Haley's Day

Last night was the graduation party for my niece Haley. On Sunday she will graduate from Carmel High School with approximatley 1000 classmates. (Thank goodness her last name starts with a B and not a Z!)

I remember very vividly the day she was born. My first niece, my brothers first baby. She was a big deal. It has been a joy watching her grow and change. Didn't hit me till yesterday when I was in the card aisle at Walgreens. First card I read I had to choke back the tears. Crazy.

As I left last night, Kent made the comment that he hopes he can hold it together tomorrow.... my reply.... you won't. The bond between the two of them is probably the strongest father - daughter bond I have ever seen. He has done a great job with her. She's a beauty... inside and out.

Here are some pics from last nights event... Enjoy



Click to play Haley's Graduation Party
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Patti said...

Wow! Nice pictures, Hayley is beautiful... doesn't seem like she should be graduating already!
Patti