Saturday, May 3, 2008

Growing pains...

My Ethan is getting ready to turn 14 next month. Fourteen! My precious first born baby is not my baby anymore.

I have a very tight, special bond with Ethan. Maybe because he was my first... I don't know. But we have always been extremely close. He is very open with me. He is an all around great kid and I am extremely proud of him. I often get comments from teachers and parents about how much they like him or what a fine young man he is. There aren't many his age these days quite like him.

He has been a little quiet lately... a little sneaky. Obviously didn't want me at last nights track meet, although he didn't come right out and say it. So I'm thinking...There is a girl in the picture. OMG! Well, come to find out, mother's intuition was right on. I found out this girl is from loogootee, but all I knew was her first name. Now I am in detective mode, right. So I call my friend Carlye... and I ask if she knows a jr. high girl with this first name. She of course knew immediately and assured me it was a good girl from a good family and to calm down and quit freaking out. Then come to find out, this girl and her family go to church with Christy who also says they are a good Christian family. WHEW.... So I did not stroke out or have a heart attack. Crisis averted.

Today, i am having growing pains. Me... not Ethan. He is changing before my eyes and i am so not ready. Time to find the right balance between holding on and letting go. I am new at this and I am clueless. Today I will put it in God's hands and have faith that He will take care of my baby and give Aaron and I the wisdom to deal with everything that is coming our way. Probably by the time I come to grips.... Austin will be turning 14...then Jaden... then Ava.....!

No comments: