Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday Why's??????

Why is it that when I am most tired... someone in my house gets sick or hurt or both?

Why is it that on the rare occasions when Ava is able to sleep through the night... one or two others in the house are tapping my shoulder in the dark?

Why is it that just when we think business might slow down a tad bit so we can breathe... we get hammered again? (I know, I know... we should be thankful for that)

Why is it that first born children are so hard on themselves...even though the only B they've had in their entire life was a B+ in 5th grade Science?! Geez

Why is it that middle kids are a bit scatter-brained and unorganized?

Why is it that the last born kids are whiny fit throwers?...or is that just a girl thing? lol

Why is it that when one bad thing happens...ten more follow?

Why is it that when you sleep in to get some much needed rest... the entire day is shot and you end up feeling more crappy than you did when you were tired?

Why is it that I feel the need to vent this morning?

Man folks... God is HUGE! I had literally just finished typing that last sentence when my dear Susan texted me a verse and said "just read it" so I stopped typing and read it...

Romans 5:3-5 "We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us - they help us to learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. And this expectation will not disappoint us. for we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love."

Wow...straight from Him to her heart to me via text at exactly the right moment.... bet God is lovin technology right now. I know I am :)

4 comments:

Susan said...

Just got home n sat down to read your blog as instructed. I'm teary eyed. I felt it was the verse I needed at just that moment, I was getting ready to head in for my appt. I was thinkin about my last text to you about me hoping and what I felt in my heart. Little did I know God meant it for you as well at just the same moment. Love ya dear!

Lauren said...

That Body of Christ is a doozy...


and I still miss the days when it was socially acceptable to throw a huge tantrum. lol

Andrea said...

Susie Q... your the best!

Miss Lauren... since when has something being socially unacceptable ever stopped That Girl?! :)

Christy said...

As you directed me today to read your blog I didnt know I would need to read thosse words as well. So true so true. LOVE you ALL! Blessed to have you =)