Tuesday, April 7, 2009

God is HUGE!

God never ceases to amaze me. Sometimes in the smallest of small details... sometimes in ways that are HUGE. Sometimes in the quiet times when I be still and listen... and sometimes He is downright in my face! I just love it when that happens. He has been in my face twice this week. Once on Sunday morning, and again last night.

Sunday morning I literally watched Him working in the smallest of small details. Details in the lives of thirteen people that were so perfectly timed and orchestrated that it would have made even the most hardened of non-believers stand back and go "Hmmmmmm." It really was HUGE! One of my favorite verses is Romans 8:28... "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." And I am here to tell you today that I have lived it, witnessed it, and KNOW it to be true.

Last night was the weekly meeting of the Ya Ya's (my emmaus reunion group) He always shows up when we meet. Sometime in subtle ways, sometimes in a presence that is so strong it gives us chills. Last night was one of those nights. He is working in and on our group big time right now. He has big things in store for us. Things that we can only imagine right now. Last night I watched Him tear down a wall right in front of me. It was a big wall....but our God is HUGE!

In the simplest of terms... God loves us. He is there for all of us. Not only does He long to be a part of your life... he longs to be a HUGE part of your every waking moment. The experiences I have blogged about today are not reserved for certain people or a special group. If you seek Him, you will find Him in ways both big and small... make that in ways both small and HUGE! :)

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

If you don't know Him and you would like to, I encourage you to check out these websites: http://www.allaboutgod.com/prayer-of-salvation.htm or http://christianity.about.com/od/prayersforspecificneeds/a/salvationprayer.htm

16 comments:

Christy said...

As I read this my heart was beating out of my chest. That has to be our new mantra God is HUGE. He was working overtime last night in our group & it was awesome to see & such a relief to have a great group of people who DO NOT judge no matter what the circimstances. Imagine that...I was the one crying this time! =) Love Ya Girl!!

Andrea said...

I can see it on our WOF shirts!!! It was incredible wasn't it... my little weepy friend :) Love Ya back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy said...

Great idea! I have been feeling a bit like Annette & Shirley lately... Weepy lol

Anonymous said...

It seems that I'm looking for him daily. I honestly do believe God is HUGE but feeling overlooked at times. Wishing I could do more with my life.

Andrea said...

As my favorite Farhar once said... We all feel overlooked at times. Please email me and I will be more than happy to talk/share with you or hook you up with the Ya Ya's for a consult :)
aljones@sslsports.com

Anonymous said...

I keep looking and looking. I want to be forgiven for sooooo much but I'm having trouble myself giving forgiveness. I don't know where to turn, the people I thought were my friends have betrayed me in one way or another. I keep praying and one day HE WILL answer.

Christy said...

The hard thing is we as humans DO let people down whether intentional or not. We cannot put r hope in humans. I would be more than happy tp talk/meet with you. I am by NO means perfect, I've made my share of mistakes & continue to but I know THE ONE who does forgive & gives peace. Call or email me. 812-709-0778 (or text). Uofkwldcatfan@aol.com. Christy Farhar

Andrea said...

My dear friend, it was no accident that this blog was laid on my heart this morning and no accident that you chose to read it. I prayed as I typed it that it would speak to someone and that someone is you. He is yearning to help you.. U can also text me at 7090699.

Lauren said...

Hey dear sisters. I was prompted by the Lord to share something I wrote a couple of weeks ago. Anonymous, whoever you are, you are KNOWN and LOVED by our King!

We have all had experiences in our lives that made us feel rejected....it starts as early as the Red Rover game on the playground when we feel insignificant, and the enemy continually uses those feelings of inadequacy in order to quiet us so that the message of LIFE is lost along the way.

This breaks God's heart because it is DECEPTIVE. We have been ADOPTED AS SONS and DAUGHTERS OF GOD and God's Word says it gave Him great pleasure to do that! WE BELONG--we are accepted, loved for who we are, and are continually conformed into the image of Jesus. Just like a song says, "He will ask nothing from us but demand we give our all."

I love you all! May we walk in the acceptance of Christ Jesus today and lead the way into His marvelous light...


Bless you, friend. May you know that you are a part of his creation and are designed to do things for His Glory!!

My email is lauren.thatgirl@gmail.com if you need anything :D

Lauren said...

along the lines of unforgiveness...

In my experience, unforgiveness has been a poison that I drank and expected someone else to die from. It kept me in bondage for too long to the enemy and my lack of surrender kept God from moving freely in my life, but it has very little to no consequences for the offender.

Unforgiveness tends to give us a false sense of control: we can hold onto it and it continues to punish the person, we think. But it only punishes our relationship with God.


I have also found that forgiveness is a CHOICE and not a feeling. We choose to forgive before we have the feelings that come with forgiveness and surrender.

Hope this helps!!

Anonymous said...

I do try to forgive and maybe in my heart I have, but in my mind I can't forget. I am constanly asking why and I don't even believe there is an acceptable answer. I am looking for the right path and I hope I can choose the correct one.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been truly betrayed by a best friend? How does one begin to forgive? Have you yourself ever done something unspeakable to a best friend? Trust is very hard for me! How am I supposed to handle my friendship? Is that person really a friend at all? I am sooooo confused!!!!!!

Christy said...

Please call me. 812-709-0778

Andrea said...

I'm gonna pray about this and blog on it tomorrow. Anonymous... stay tuned

Anonymous said...

Very inspiring posts. Andrea, Christy, and Laurent-You gals are so amazing. I hope that anonymous reaches out more to you all. I myself am finding comfort in your words.

Christy said...

This has definetly been a God moment from these posts. Yes, I have betrayed friends, was I wrong? Yes, especially if I made a stumbling block for them. However, our mind is SUCH a battlefield for Satan. That is where he wins most of his battles. It is hard but an everyday thing to let God win that battle. I am praying for you to find that peace that only God can give. Be still and listen for his voice.

Psalm 100:5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever" his faithfulness continues through all generations.

I am praying for you anonymouos. I am praying John 14:27 27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

We are here for you if you need a friend to talk to or to pray for you. You have our emails and numbers.