Tuesday, July 8, 2008

School Supplies????

Ok...so I made the dreaded Wal-mart trip today. This time with five kids instead of four (+Brandon) It wasn't too terrible...until I saw they had all of their school supplies out.

The summer goes by fast enough... why is it that the walmart people feel the need to rush it even more. Last time I checked we still have five weeks of summer left. I am not ready to think about back to school and I KNOW my kids aren't either.

Crazy thing is... there were tons of moms pouring over these supplies and filling their carts like school started tomorrow. There was a display of five cent notebooks and these women were all over eachother trying to get to them. What the heck is up with that?!.... I admit five cents is a deal, but I am not willing to compromise my back to school boycott to save a few pennies.

My opinion...these are moms of little brats. Moms who have no control over their kids and who are praying for school to start so they can pawn their little heathens off on the teachers.

Moral of my story... Walmart makes me irritated.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I love your page!!! I can't tell you how happy I was after we talked last week. I forgot how much I like you and have missed you :-) After I got your reply e-mail today, I noticed your blog at the bottom and had to check it out. I will keep checking back for updates.

Christy said...

Is that the famous Barbara Strahley????

Anonymous said...

Of course it is!!!!! Don't worry, I checked out your blog too :-)

Andrea said...

Barb Strahley... one of my top 5 favorite people of all time!!! Girl, I have missed you!!! Just like you, I had forgotten how much. Cannot wait to get together soon!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! These are mothers of brats! You are a scream sweetheart. Trust me in 4 more weeks you, mother of two big wonderful school age boys will be sort of breathing a sigh of relief that in a week your house will be two mouths, bodies, and demands quieter. Huh? Admit it.....
That's cause I'm the old teacher.

Anonymous said...

That was me, your mom. (above)