Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Jaden!

Jaden put the "Labor" in Labor Day six years ago. It was nice that he was born on a holiday, because the ENTIRE family was able to be there. He spent his first hour being passed around among a dozen people or so. It was really cool. His big brothers were so proud of him.

Today he is spending his birthday at school. Another "first" to deal with. He wanted me to make brownies for his class, since he isn't a cake person. I told him I would bring them out for his classroom party this afternoon. His reply, "you really don't have to come mom." I said "it's ok Jaden, I want to come" thinking awww, he is worried about how busy I am and doesn't want to inconvenience me. How sweet. But then he said it again. And then a third time. Finally I asked..."Jaden do you not want me to come?" He tried his best to be diplomatic, but DANG... another dagger to mom's heart.

So I will honor his wishes and miss the classroom party today. This one seems to be growing up at lightening speed. Little mister independent. I don't like it a bit.








3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love that line--put the Labor in labor day!

too cute.

love you!

Susan said...

Is it not cool to have them a day apart and in the same class??? Prom, graduation..gonna be so funny.

Christy said...

Love the pics!!!