Wednesday, September 30, 2009

When September Ends....

How could this possibly be the last day of September...it just started.

With the end of September comes the end of the first grading period. It also marks the end of the jr. high soccer season for Austin. Last game tonight. It also signals the winding down of high school soccer for Ethan, with sectional just around the corner. I think we are all ready for it to be over.

Every morning these days I am looking out my front windows anxiously awaiting the changing of the leaves. I have an aboslutely beautiful view that I normally take for granted the rest of the year...but not in the fall. I think with the weather the way it has been, this fall will be a great one for color.

The persimmon tree out front is loaded down with persimmons. Dad and Kent will be glad to hear that. Persimmon pudding is a Thanksgiving tradition at the Burns house. We have gotten out the jackets and the long sleeves. Put flannel sheets on the beds. Being cold natured, like I tend to be, we have already had to run the furnace twice. Last year at the end of September, heck way into October, we were still swimming in the pool. I think Aaron may close it down this weekend.

And so it goes....let the winding down begin. Fall is my favorite!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Love the music lol! I could sit and enjoy the view at your place for hours!!

Christy said...

I still have the window unit in my room!! And I ran it last night.. furnace.. pfft! =)

beckiwoodsmall said...

I want to see the view from your deck, my sweet girl!!

Tami said...

I make a motion for the Ya Ya's to meet on the deck at Andrea and Aaron's for a grouping!