Friday, September 11, 2009

Finally Friday..

This "short" week has been a long week in my opinion. SO much to try to fit in. Since my last post, Aaron and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. (That is hard to get my mind around.) We spent Labor Day weekend at my dad's with the family (Had an awesome time!) And we had our last team formation for Southwest Indiana Walk to Emmaus #39!! (Hard to believe it's here! Woo Hoo)

The lord has revealed a great deal to me over the last several weeks. He has reminded me that when I have no strength left to go on, He will carry me. That when worry begins to enter my mind, He will take care of it. That when people hurt or disappoint me, I can find forgiveness. That none of us should complain about our lives because others are going thru unspeakable pain. That there is nothing that can quite compare to the Body of Christ praying together in unison. That He be can praised in ALL things and ALL situations.

A friend from our team of the upcoming walk lost her brother-in-law yesterday to a battle with cancer. He was diagnosed this past January. He was only 40 years old. He never had a chance to "find himself at 40." He and his wife also lost a two year old to a brain tumor several years ago. So much pain for one family to bear. As I would read the emails and the posts on his caring bridge site about his failing condition my heart would ache. I could picture myself, sitting at a hospital bed in my living room, holding my husbands hand and I could feel the magnitude of that situation. They have a 13 year old boy. I thought about what it would do to my 13 year old to watch that happen to his dad. Doesn't that kind of put your whole life in perspective.

Throughout this most difficult, unimaginable time, that family never once... not for a single minute stopped praising God. Never Once. What a testiment to their faith. They were so completely confident that Kevin's healing would come. If not on this earth, then in Heaven. And they were ok. I could never do justice in conveying the complete and total faith that this family has. I would encourage you to go to his site and read his journal. www.caringbridge.org/visit/kevinking/journal
You will be blessed more than you can imagine.

A dear old friend posted on facebook this morning "we are only one phone call away from falling on our face before Him." Man...that's heavy stuff. Where are you on your journey. Do you have a personal relationship with our lord and saviour Jesus Christ. I'm not talking "yes, I go to church every Sunday" I am talking a REAL relationship. There is a huge difference. Pews are full of people who will never make it into heaven. Are you one of them. Do you have a daily walk with Him, or only think of Him when times are difficult. I challenge you to really examine your life. Will you be prepared when you get that phone call. Will you be prepared if someone else gets that phone call about you.

The last words that Kevin had his wife type on his caring bridge site on Sept. 1st were these... "Live, love, and abide by God's glorious commandments. Good Night and have a blessed day tomorrow. Love, Kevin."

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Andrea, I wish I could have known Kevin but his legacy goes on to remind us to love God and people as a response to His love for us!

xoxo,
Laur

Christy said...

It is definetly is a testiment to all who know them or read their site. Love u!

Andrea said...

I wish I would have known him too, Laur. He made quite an impact.