Thursday, August 27, 2009

Catching up...

I love being caught up don't you. Caught up with the laundry. Caught up on the housework. Caught up in a moment... Getting caught up with old friends, especially ones you haven't seen or heard from in years... can't beat it.

I haven't blogged much lately as you may have noticed. Do you even need to ask why? I simply cannot get caught up with the chaos that is my life. In fact, it is physically impossible for me to get caught up at this point in time. Way to much going on. Take the usual stuff that you poor readers get to hear me vent about and add back to school, a kid with mono, a kid with a bad cold, and a kid with endless soccer games, and a kid with an upcoming birthday... coupled with preparing to work an Emmaus Walk and trying to keep my head above water business wise. Man... I am SO not ever gonna get caught up. SO, I am going to quit trying and just go with the flow.

Here are a few "catch up" facts for new readers who are interested in the where abouts of the family...and for those readers who maybe had lost track...

Mom moved to Indy six years ago next month, the same month that Jaden was born. That was a bummer...BUT Greg was working up there so it pretty much had to happen. She lives in the Castleton area. I get up there with the kids usually in March for spring break and October for fall break. A getaway for the kids and I get to shop by myself! She, on the other hand, comes down here every other week... gotta see her babies. I am so thankful for that.

Dad is still in Jasper. He and Julie are still operating Pieper-Burns State Farm after 23 years. Dad is still Dad...he never changes. My baby brother Evan will be 22 in November and is a Senior at IU this year. He is one amazing kid.

Kent is up in Carmel. Village of West Clay, to be exact. Super successful of course. Check him out at www.kentburnsonline.com. Haley is up around IUPUI, Max is a senior and Abby is in the second grade. I don't get to see him near as often as I would like, usually 5 times a year or so, but we do text eachother about every other day.

Grandma Burns is 93 and going strong! Still lives alone, still cruises Jasper, and can often be found hanging out at walmart. Isn't that wild.

As for me...there are plenty of posts on this blog to give you the lowdown... 151 to be exact. One night I couldn't sleep and read them all. Got "caught up" on the past year or so. Amazing what you forget in a year's time.

Playing catch up bites... but getting caught up is awesome. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Like the new background!! I'm glad I get "caught up" with you on a daily basis! Love ya!!