Friday, September 26, 2008

Picture day...

Who doesn't remember picture day at school...

I can remember standing in line in the multipurpose room...holding that government issued little black comb... waiting for my turn to sit on that little stool...so I could turn my head in some awkward postition while saying "pickle"... all the while trying really hard not get teary eyed or blink at the 10,000 watt flash about to go off in my face. I did not like picture day...and my pictures were usually crappy.

Today my boys will go through this familiar ritual. I didn't have to do much to prepare them this morning. They are old enough to pick their own outfit. And even though they complained a lot about having to "look nice," they both looked great when they left. I basically just did the hair check...added a little gel... and wrote two checks for way too much money.

These days you can "pick your pose," all of which the boys thought were "stupid looking"... you can pick your color background (although that will cost you $4 extra)...and you have about 250 package options to choose from, along with the add-ons which are also way to expensive. The whole form gave me a headache.

Although it can be a pain, I guess it's all worth it when they bring the pictures home and you compare to last year and see the changes. I am really thankful to have them.

Here are a couple of my favorites...

Ethan 2nd grade 2001


Austin 1st grade 2003

2 comments:

Christy said...

Austin has Aarons haircut in the picture!!

Andrea said...

Same hairstylist! :)