Friday, September 19, 2008

Let there be Light!....

and tv...and internet...and microwave...and hot water...

I learned this past week I could never survive as an amish.

All the drama of the past week did distract me from the fact that my birthday was approaching... today it has arrived.

A big topic of conversation at my lunch with Evan yesterday was whether or not my blog name would change to "finding myself at 41" He said yes... I said no. He said he would leave me daily comments reminding me that I am no longer 40 so the name no longer applies... I said when I used the term "40" I was referring to the forties in general, not just one specifc year... You can see this made for facinating conversation over chicken alfredo... I love you Ev!

Another facinating conversation took place last night via text messaging. It went something like this...
kent to me "Happy Birthday Queer"
me to Kent "It's tomorrow Queer"
Kent to me "I knew that...I just wanted to be the first to say it"
Me to Kent "Whatever"
It is heartwarming for me to know that after all these 41 years we still have that wonderful,loving big brother-little sister dialouge going on.. :)

Here are some funny "old time" pics of mom...as my boys would say

4 or 5 months old


Second Christmas 1968


Christmas 1970 (note the Ker-Plunk game!)


My "Boston Tea Party" (marshmallows and red kool-aid)


Kindergarten

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice entry...now all your readers think we're both queers

Andrea said...

That's ok... we both know that word is used between us as the highest form of endearment... :)

Christy said...

Oh yea... well most of us already knew that! lol And btw... K picture is SO Jaden! Happy Birthday!! Love Ya Girl!!

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a wonderful day..and a wonderful weekend ahead!!!
xooxxo
Misty

Patti said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREA! The k picture looks a lot like Jayden and Kent... cute pictures! Your new fall blog make-over looks great.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Can you believe we are in our early 40s now???? I love the picks. You haven't changed a bit :-)