Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday Then and Now...

Jaden... aka Baby J (by his Uncle Kent) aka JP (by his Papaw Burns) aka Shayden (by Jaden himself- "J" sounds are tough for a little guy) aka Shade or Shady (by the rest of the us)... will be turning 5 on Labor day. How is that possible?!

We decided to go for number 3 and hope for a girl. I got pregnant in September of 2002. At first things were great, but soon every time I went to the dr., that babies heartbeat would be a little slower. I was working on OB at Jasper at the time, so one Saturday morning, I asked Dr. Beckman to check things out cause I just didn't feel right. As soon as he turned on the machine... there was no more flicker. The baby was still. It was devastating. Especially finding out at work, surrounded by laboring mothers and brand new babies.

God is good though. In December I was pregnant again. This time with my precious little Jaden. It was one of those bittersweet things. God knows best.

I was in acutal labor with him on Labor Day five years ago. He was probably the shortest labor of the four. The ease of delivery probably ranks at #2. He is such a joy... such a smart little boy... so very sweet and cute and funny. A true blessing and I am so thankful for him!

Hospital photo


First day home


TV addict age 1


Mad at Mom age 2


Quite the Jokester... age 3


Birthday #4 with BFF Levi


Today...Great Big Brother

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no measure to show the amount of joy that this little boy has brought into our family. I can't wait to get down there and squeeze him! mamaw Gregory

Christy said...

He is a bright spot! He has that smile that just melts you!

Susan Warren said...

What a sweetie!