Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Book Rental Blues...

Well, today was the day. I made the dreaded trip, checkbook in hand. I am nearing the end of my self-imposed back to school boycott...although I STILL have refused to buy any school supplies.

I dread the first day of school. You know how sentimental I am getting in my mid-life. I look at my boys that morning, and notice how they have grown, and think of them when they were babies, and get all weepy.... hormones.

This year, however, will be a cakewalk compared to next year. Next year, my baby will be entering high school, my second baby will be entering jr. high, and my third baby will be entering kindergarten.... oh lord, I better start preparing for that right now!... Girls...and you know who you are... I will be needing someone to carry me from the school to my car that morning with kleenex in tow... I will also be needing someone to hold a prayer vigil to get me through the day, perhaps with some fasting involved... a basket of chocolate and a gallon of ice cream may help...some distractions throughout the day will also be in order... I hope a year is enough time for you all to prepare... but I digress....

Long story short...moral to my story... I HATE back to school!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE back to school!! And I have one baby in high school and one going to jr high THIS year :(
It is going to be a long week next week.

Anonymous said...

I have the perfect idea...the first day of school next year, you put the boys on the bus, then you and Ava come over to meet me and Abbi and we'll head to Evansville for a day of girl shopping. How's that? Wait, that would probably be my last shopping day with Abbi before we move her to college. Gosh, I'll be depressed then!!!!

Andrea said...

Barb! Have I mentioned you are one of my top five favorite people of all time....this is a perfect example of why...:) We can wallow in our depression together!