Friday, February 13, 2009

He will make a way...

It's been a tough couple of weeks around the Jones house....make that a tough month. Jaden is in week three of a nasty upper respiratory infection, and Ava is at the end of week two.

For the past three weeks, I have had one or both kids in my bed most nights. Poor Aaron has been outcast to the downstairs with the two healthy kids in the house. Between the two sickies... I am averaging about 2-3 hours a night. My butt is dragging....along with my attitude.

Today, I had to have Ethan in Jasper at 9:15 to have some stitches removed. This meant dragging both babies out of bed to go along. Not an easy task on a good day. Compounded by the fact that I did not set an alarm and woke up 40 minutes late. I cursed myself as I got up for making such an early appt. time. I told myself as I got ready to go... "there is no way I can get there on time... there is no way this is going to work.... Ava has a fever and needs to go back to the dr. but Ethan has to get back to school by NOON" and on and on and on. I was tired and extremely irritated. I said a very quick prayer that somehow I could just get through the day.

And then it happened... God took over
First... Aaron was able to stay home long enough to help me get everyone up, dressed, and loaded up in the van... we actually left almost on time (a miracle in itself)

Second...we hit every light green, and arrived at the dr. with a little time to spare.

Third...As soon as I signed Ethan in, they called his name... no waiting!

Fourth...After an easy removal of the stitches, we went upstairs to Ava and Jaden's dr. to see if they could be seen sometime today... They said...(are you ready for this)..."we can take them right now" (miracle #2!)

Fifth... no waiting once again, (r u kidding me!) so as soon as we got our diagnosis (double ear infections in both kids) we were out of there, prescriptions in hand. Unbelievable!

Because everything happened so fast, this left me with time to go to CVS and get the medicine, take a card and gift to my precious grandma who turns 92 today, stop at Walmart and get food for the week with no wait in the checkout (unheard of!), AND go through McDonalds drive through and feed everyone! All this and I delivered Ethan to school at precisely 11:58!

God heard my cry this morning. He answered by perfectly orchestrating every moment of my day in a way that ONLY HE can. (if you don't believe that... read the above chain of events again!) He reminded me that even when I feel like my world is crumbling around me...He is holding me. That while I am caring for my babies...He is caring for me. That when I need Him...He is there. That when I feel as if I am spinning out of control... He is in control. That even the tiniest little prayer whispered under my breath is heard. That even when there looks as if there is no way.... He will make a way.

We serve an AWESOME God.... Can I get an Amen?!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! How awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh so true, honey. And remember He will NEVER leave you or forsake you.
In Him all things are possible for those who love Jesus. mom