Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thinking Thursday...

This Thursday... I am thinking about Aaron's Uncle Roger. He passed away around 11:30 this morning after a two year battle with cancer. Roger was at home surrounded by his family and his passing was peaceful.

And so, instead of packing for vacation, we are preparing for a funeral. It is extremely sad. That family has had way more than their share of loss. Roger lost his son Shannon to leukemia nearly 20 years ago, and his wife Janet passed away soon after also from cancer.

So... on this thinking thursday

I think I am so thankful that Roger is no longer in pain...

I think God is awesome, in that He turned a recent trip to the hospital into an opportunity for baptism...

I think it will be extremely tough on the kids... being in your 30's and having lost both parents must be unbearable....

I think poor little Damon is taking this the hardest and will have a rough way to go for awhile...

I think we all take comfort in the fact that Roger is in heaven reunited with his son that he missed so much...

I think it would be great if all of you reading this would keep the family in your prayers...

1 comment:

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Andrea,
I am so sorry to hear about Roger and I am sure I will be home this weekend...will you let me know arrangements (you know how McKibbens are with keeping information circulating). I am so glad he is not suffering anymore....Please email me. cp.melvin@insightbb.com ....Also...have fun on vacation!! It is HARD with kiddos...but relax, take it all in and make memories. I wish I had done that a little more. Take lots of pic's.....I want to see those cuties on the beach!
xoxoxo
Misty