Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The big picture...

This was another crazy Tuesday... and it isn't over yet. Shirts and trophies are calling my name. Just as I was getting everything wrapped up to go away for a week, four huge jobs came in today. And so it goes...

Ethan's double header for tonight was cancelled, and I must say I am relieved. Last night we got home from Orleans at 10:00. Tomorrow night, its Paoli and Thursday night, North Daviess... When am I suppose to pack for vacation.... When am I suppose to think about vacation. There simply are not enough hours in the day.

As I am typing this, I can hardly keep my eyes open. This is one of those days I feel like crawling in a hole. I don't get this way too often, but right now I am feeling the weight of the world.

This is one of those days when I have give myself a talking to...to remind myself to FROG... Fully Rely on God... To remind myself that my life is good and my problems are small... to remember others who are going through trials....those who are sick... those who have sick children... those who are dying... those watching a family member die. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own little world in our own lives, we fail to see the bigger picture. I am pausing a moment to look at the bigger picture.

So... shame on me for having my little pity party. I think I have straightened myself out now.

Proverbs 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your path."

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sometimes we have to give ourselves a talkin' to. Hang in there!! =)

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

What an attitude....I wish I could have this attitude on my "off" days! I hope things wind down.....and I hope your mind eases soon! I love your FROG! Thanks for sharing!
Misty