Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chapter closed...


This is Austin and BFF Brandon last night at the end of the season banquet for the Shoals Summer League. It marked the end of Austin's days in little league. Next year he will move on to Babe Ruth. So hard for me to believe. I can still see him in his tiny cleats playing t-ball seven short years ago. It was a bittersweet moment for me. You know how I am.

Last night also marked the beginning of the All-star season. This means from now until the end of July our life will be all about baseball. At this moment, it just makes me really tired thinking about it.

So here's to Austin. I'm sad to see his time at the park is over, but excited to see what lies ahead for him next year. I will miss spending my Tuesday and Thursday nights eating ballpark pretzels and watching him play.... NO WAIT ... Jaden moves up from t-ball next year... that means another seven years...do you know how old I will be in seven years....still spending my time at the ballpark at that age... still dealing with all the ballpark drama....somebody shoot me now!...

Just kidding... I love it!

No comments: