Saturday, April 26, 2008

Precious Time...

Today I had breakfast with my small group (insert name here girls...?). I love to eat breakfast out, but only get to once or twice a year so that was an added bonus. For those of you who have never attended an emmaus walk... you are encouraged to group afterwards with others who have made the walk. Great for accountability purposes! And I must admit... I felt very inadequate at times today, so will be working harder this week... It is really easy for me to make excuses because I have four kids and run a business. Heck, there are days when I can't even remember if I had lunch!

All of us are busy these days. Not just your normal busy... CRAZY busy! I often look back and wonder if my parents were this busy. I just don't think they were. Maybe I was just to young to see it. I remember Saturday nights were Love Boat and Fantasy Island nights... The whole family watched. No place to be. No hurries, no worries.

Goes back to what I said yesterday.. I feel the need to slow things down a bit. This week I plan on doing just that. I am going to make a conscious effort to spend some extra time with each of my kids.... which as the girls pointed out this morning... is difficult because each one requires a different type of attention. I also plan on spending a little extra time with that oh so understanding husband of mine. Most importantly... I will spend more time with God. The One from whom all of these wonderful blessings flow. I encourage all of you reading this to do the same. Relax, take a deep breath... leave the dishes and laundry if need be. Pay attention to the things in your life that are truly important. Then at the end of the week... take a look back and see what a difference it makes. Not only in you, but in the people around you. Time is so precious these days... make some precious time for the ones you love!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Amen!! You are SO not inadequate silly!

Anonymous said...

Okay, here goes for the 7th time! I have made my comments and tried to get them to stick to your blog but not even gum will work! I am tech retarded, don't ya know. I think the blog is wonderful, honey. It is pretty, musical, and insightful. I loved reading it and will look forward to reading it each day. Who knew I would have two children with blogs for me to enjoy and have a window into their thoughts and experiences. I am so proud of you both. mom