Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mom, she hates me...

You may be thinking that statement came from one of my teenagers... actually it was my kindergartener...

Jaden came straight in after school today and said very matter of factly..."mom, there's this girl...and she hates me." He was apparently upset by this.

So I say "Jaden, I am sure she doesn't hate you" to which he replies... "oh yes she does! She told me so."

So now I am thinkin, ok... who is this chick and why the heck is she hatin on my baby boy. So I probe further...

Is this girl in your class... "No"
Is she in the other kindergarten class... "yes"
And she said she hates you... "yes"
Do you know why... "no"
Does this pint size heartbreaker have a name... "yes"
Well what is it... "Summer"
So this Summer just came up to you and said she hates you for no apparent reason... "yes"
Did she say anything else... "just one more thing"
Well what else did she say... "she said she thinks I'm cute."

Aha! Playground romance. Try explaining to a six year old that a girl only says she hates you because she really likes you... makes for a very confusing conversation.

Crisis averted... I don't think there will be any lasting emotional scars from this one.... but you never know. :)

3 comments:

Uncle E said...

Classic! Made me laugh out loud twice!

Susan said...

Uh oh. Ashten's best bud. I see triangle ensuing soon....

mom said...

That just cracks me up! Precious, precious life!