Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Guest Blogger...

Today's guest blogger is....My brother Evan.... I am so incredibly proud of him. Owns his own company, getting ready to graduate from IU, and an all around great person. Shares the Burns family love of writing that comes from our grandpa... Enjoy

Are You Running Down the Hallway?...

It’s finals week, which luckily is really not that big of a deal this year. It would take an Obama style blackmail to get my GPA to move either up or down because the number of credits I have.

I’ve been fairly frustrated this past few days because I’ve had a bad cold, and because everybody else in the company has gotten sick too, and that nothing seemed to be cooperating. I then started to drop my level of performance and succumb to making excuses to myself why I wasn’t getting things done.

As I was sitting in my room at 1:00am sorting through 100 resumes for two low paying jobs I’m offering (and Obama says the recession is over), several other guys who just finished their finals busted through the door and started blaring Christmas music and dancing (no they hadn’t been drinking). Of course you can imagine that we all looked like idiots but it was fun haha.

After the song was over we shot the breeze for a few minutes and they left seeing the mass of papers sitting on my desk. I found myself after this working much faster even standing up at my desk (when I’m in the zone I stand and work). This brief 10 minute break to enjoy the joyous spirit of the holiday increased my happiness and productivity about 5 fold. It reaffirmed the reason i’m chasing the entrepreneurs dream, because of the freedom to drop everything and be spontaneous (uh and oh yeah to be the owner of my destiny). As I got back to work, my nose dripped on a paper I was reading (ugh). 15 minutes ago this would have pushed me over the edge. Now, I just got up to go the bathroom to blow my nose. Without even thinking about it, I found myself jogging down the hallway. This is what I do when I’m totally content, don’t ask me why but I hate just walking around.

Here is the point of the story, take some time and do something today that reminds you why you are in the game, it will push you to achieve even more than you thought. Maybe you’ll run down the hallway too.

E

check out his website...www.olympiamediagroup.com

No comments: