Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Birthday Blog...

November is a big birthday month. A few of the people I love most in this world were born in November. Unfortunately, I am so stinkin busy I barely got time to acknowledge them.

The 2nd was my big brothers birthday. He got the customary text saying "Happy Birthday Queer", and responded with the usual "Thanks Queer." Those of you who know me well know that I love my brother with a passion. He is my hero and growing up he was the center of my universe. I can trust him and confide in him. He has always been there for me and has protected me like only a big brother can. I miss him everyday and don't see him nearly enough. Such is life.

The 14th was my little brother's birthday. He turned the big 22. Funny how he keeps having birthdays but I'm the one that keeps getting older. He also got a text about 9:30 that night. Sad I know. Evan is my inspiration and I also love him with a passion. That kid has more drive than anyone I have ever known in my life. He is destined for big things. Huge things actually. He will graduate from IU in the spring. I also miss him everyday, and don't see him nearly enough.


My dear friend Kristy's baby boy Isaiah shares Evan's birthday. He turned the big O-N-E. He is such a little doll. Looks like his big brother. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a phone yet, so I couldn't text him, and of course totally spaced the party. I really need to get out of the garage more. Saw pictures of him today. He is walking and has hair! I missed his whole first year. His big sister Mikenna also had a birthday this month. She is too cute for words. Her mommas face and her mommas sassines. Guess what... no phone, no text, busy on party day. How sad is that.

TODAY is my besties birthday! Christy and I started our friendship via text about 3 years ago. My life has never been the same. :) She is always there, night or day. She knows me deep. She loves me anyway. She prays with me, she prays for me. She holds me accountable and she never hesitates to tell me exactly what she thinks. I love that about her. We know that God brought us together for a reason and we are having a ball watching it all unfold. Her faith inspires me, her friendship guides me, and she helps me be a better person. I will text her happy birthday right now... but I won't call her a queer :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

HOLY MOLY!! Check out our hair color (as Ava has already pointed out) lol. Seriously though, I love you and always will. Thanks for always being there for me and my family!!