Thursday, March 15, 2012

Reminders...

I have been reminded of many things and taught some things over the course of the last few weeks with Ava... I am writing them down so I can always remember the good that God brings from the bad...

I was reminded that Jesus likes to show up and show off and I LOVE that about Him!!

My daughter taught me that she is even more amazing than I already thought she was and I love her even more than I knew I could.

I learned that no matter how old you are, you never outgrow the feeling you get when your mom sits and rubs your feet. It is a feeling of peace and comfort that is hard to describe.

Janet Douglas taught me that Ava's name means "fullness of life" and "fullness of joy".. and man is she ever full of both!

I was reminded that there is nothing more powerful than the body of Christ coming together in prayer.

I learned that when Greg Davis walks into a room it fills me with hope.

Facebook taught me that the majority of those names on your friends list aren't just there for show... and regardless of when you talked to them last...when it counts they are there for you. Facebook just might be the best prayer chain ever.

I was reminded that it is possible to physically feel yourself being covered in prayer.

I learned that God tears down walls in the midst of storms.

I was reminded that when I can't find anymore strength... God finds it for me...and he has a never ending supply.

I was reminded of how wonderful it his to have Pat Johnson pray over us and our kids and feel the power in his words, and how much I miss hearing him preach every Sunday.

I've always known how much love my kids have for eachother, but I learned the true depth of it...and it blows me away. They are bonded beyond bonded. That warms my heart more than anything else in this world.

I was reminded that no matter how much I fail God He will never fail me.

I learned how to sum up exactly what I was feeling when Stephanie Powell told me "your ulitmate faith is tested with your children...when we realize we are not in control." That is so true. I tend to be a control freak, and I am so thankful that through experiences like this He reminds us that He is all over it, and we need not fear. All we need to do is let go and let God.

I learned that true strength can come in small packages... and a 34 pound five year old can be stronger than the biggest men I know.

Ava has a long road ahead, but this morning I am full of peace about it all.
Psalm 46... "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear..."

No comments: