Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ode to Chang....

Chang came into our lives nine months ago. During that time our family has come to love him. Such a great spirit and all around good kid. Today it was time for him to return to South Korea. I have to admit it was tough watching him walk away not knowing for sure if we will see him again. He has called Christy several times updating her as he travels. Right now as I type he is on a plane to Japan. Will make it there about 1:00 tomorrow morning. Then it's onto another plane to South Korea and he should arrive home somewhere around 8:30 tomorrow morning. Wow...that's a long haul.

It's cool to know we have a bond with someone half way around the world. Someone from a totally different culture. My boys are especially sad. Ethan says he doesn't remember what life was like before him. Can't imagine how weird it is around the Farhar house right now.

So here are some of my favorite pics of Chang... and you know the next best thing to having him here.... FACEBOOK!!! (have I mentioned I love facebook :) He is all set up and adding friends, so in some ways, it will be like he never left!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Chang
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Christy said...

Well I was holding up pretty good..... until.... I saw this. The Farhar house will not be the same

Lauren said...

I miss Changwoo Lee.

mom said...

Andrea, those pics were so telling the story up to the last minute of goodbye. Such a great way for Christy and her family and yours to keep him fresh on your hearts. I am so glad you had him in all your lives. He was a blessing to you all it is evident. mom

Unknown said...

Well, I just watched you slide show today and am crying. Hope my family doesn't walk in here now!