Tuesday, December 2, 2008

23 and Counting...

The countdown is on... Panic is starting to set in... 23 days till Christmas!

We had a great Thanksgiving. Everything went exactly as outlined in my Thanksgiving Eve post, much to the amazement of my sister-in-law. Last year we started a new Burns family tradition when for some stupid reason we decided to get up at 3:30 in the morning to go shopping. I guess we had forgotten how insane it was, cause we did it again this year. At 4:13, the car pulled out of dad's driveway with me, Patti, Evan, Haley, Max and Ethan headed for the "sales."

Our first stop was Elder-Beerman. The parking lot was full all the way out to the highway and all the way over to Burger King. I could not believe the number of cars, to which I shouted out in disgust... "Idiots!" Then I realized... I was one of them.

Most of us left Elder-Beerman empty handed. I didn't see any "great deals." From there we went to Goody's, where I spent a whole $48. Then on to Wal-Mart. I have to tell you, it was scary. At one point, in the electronic section, as all six of us tried to stay together and move forward, Patti and I got a little frightened. We were literally trapped. Crammed in like sardines. Could not move in any direction. Had anyone yelled "fire" we most certainly would have been trampled to death. When we finally made it to the checkouts with our few purchases, the wait was probably an hour or more. We looked at eachother, laid our stuff on the nearest shelf, and left the store empty handed.... Then it was on to Penney's and out to breakfast. Even though we didn't buy anything to speak of, we were together, and laughing (some of us more than others - HALEY!) and making great memories. I am sure we will do it again next year, but perhaps will boycott Walmart.

Here are some pics from the long weekend.


1 comment:

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Beautiful pic's! I am amazed at two things!
1. How your mother NEVER ages!
2. Why you boycott back to school sales...but don't boycott "Black Friday" sales :-)))

Love ya!