Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthday's, First Days, and Bifocals...

Since my last post Jaden has celebrated his 7th birthday with the traditional party at Papaw Burns'... Hard to believe that he could be 7 and a first grader. I don't know where the time goes.

Also, since my last post, Ava has started preschool. She walked in like she owned the place...hung up her Dora backpack...told me bye and never looked back. All 30 pounds of pure independance left me standing there wondering what the heck I'm gonna do now. All of the sudden there are 6 hours each week that I have ALL 4 kids in school. Truth be told, I don't like it much. I'm a mom. It's what I do. When my kids aren't around I tend to be slightly lost. I am thankful that even though I have only a short time left with my oldest... I have many years left with my baby girl. I looked at Ethan last night as he was holding Ava. She had her little arms wrapped around his neck and they were smooching and exchanging I love you's. One so tall and so grown up looking, holding one so petite and just starting out. I got all teary. It was a good teary though. God knows what being a mom means to me and he has made sure that I will always have babies around me. What a blessing.

On a side note...I was forced to surrender to the bifocal this month. Turning 43 and receiving such a symbol of old age just doesn't seem fair to me. As my ever faithful bestie put it so lovingly in text message... "you are officially old." What a melancholic moment... (and I use that word correctly:) Oh well, I am slowly learning to take this aging thing in stride. Like dad always says... It's better than the alternative.


3 comments:

Christy said...

Well.... you are old! love ya!

Andrea said...

Your time's a comin... just sayin :)

Christy said...

uhh I got bifocals when I turned 30!!