Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Average Day...

Funny how when you are "tuned in" to God you find him everywhere. In the beauty of a fall morning, in the sleepy faces of your kids, in a text from a friend, in the verse of the day.... He will speak to you in so many ways if you just listen. All you have to do is intentionally focus on him as you go about your regular routine. I dare you to try it and I promise you will be amazed.

Even though our Crazy Love study has just begun, I am already feeling the crazy love. I can already see it will be life changing in the fact that it will challenge how we think about God and how we go about living each day. I am not a reader, but I am drinking in every word of this book. Just so ya know...It's $9 bucks on Amazon. $9 bucks to change your life... what a bargain.

This morning I read the following...
"you could die before you finish reading this chapter. I could die while you are reading it. Today. At any moment. But it's easy to think about today as just another day. An average day where you go about life concerned with your to-do list, preoccupied by appointments, focused on family, thinking about your desires and needs. On the average day, we live caught up in ourselves. On the average day, we don't consider God very much. On the average day, we forget that our life truly is a vapor."

Morbid thoughts over morning coffee??... I don't think so. Just another reminder we need to get our acts together and our priorities in order. In our next heartbeat, we could find ourselves standing in the throne room of God. On any average day. And as the author puts it... not only do we have to realize this, "we have to believe it enough that it changes how we live."... Word.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Word indeed!!! LOVE this book!!