Monday, December 13, 2010

One Week...

from today Ethan will be undergoing surgery. Right about now, as a matter of fact, they will be about an hour and 40 minutes into it. It will be done at Methodist in Indy. He should get to come home Wednesday the 22nd if all goes well. Seems awfully close to the holidays, but that is actually what we wanted because he will only miss three days of school.

This puts me in a real crunch for Christmas. Need to be done shopping and have everything wrapped by the 19th. Spent a great day in Evansville on Saturday, and braved the snow to go to Bloomington on Sunday. Believe it or not I am almost finished. That is quite a feat for me... usually takes me weeks since I am the type that just agonizes over finding just the right gift for just the right person.

So now the wrapping will begin. My step mom and my dear Susie Q have both offered to come and wrap for me. I'm thinking I may host a French Lick Red Wrapping Party and invite a few others. (cue Christy singing Red Red Wine...;) LOL. Presents may not look to hot but we sure would have fun wrapping them. :)

Ethan is doing great. Dreading the surgery, but that kid has got such a positive outlook. Plus he found out Paoli Peaks opens on the 18th, so he can ski Saturday, and Sunday, and have surgery on Monday. I know you may be wondering why I would let my kid with a broken back and broken pelvis go skiing... but like I told him... if he breaks something, he's already scheduled for surgery anyway. :)

First snow day of the year today. Fireplace is going, kids are having hot chocolate and talking and laughing. Christmas music is playing. I love it. I have really been paying attention to things lately. Sights, and sounds, and images. I think because with the business, I have been living life at hyper speed for the last three years. And now that it's gone...its suddenly quiet. My dad texted me last night to find out if school had been called off yet. When I said yes he replied... "enjoy these times honey (having all your kids home on a snow day) You will not always have them." Such a sad thought, but so very true. I am going to make today a great day. <3

2 comments:

Christy said...

Red red wiiiiiiinnnnnee, stay close to meeeeeee...... :)

Andrea said...

ROFL!! You just get me... ;)